2.5.14

CLINIQUE CITY BLOCK

This product was a staple in my summer makeup bag last year and I had completely forgotten about it until I found it in my collection. It's the Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25. This high SPF in it is perfect for the summer months when the sun is hotter. I used it as an alternative to foundation on holiday. I don't like wearing much on my skin in the summer so I usually but this on with a little bit of concealer.  It's thin and isn't thick on the skin.
It is oil and fragrance free which is a big plus for me. I prefer using this rather than a sun screen. I find that normal sun screens are too thick for my skin and I don't really like it. However, it is so important to protect your skin from the sun. It is quite a pricey product at £17.00 for a 40ml bottle. I would definitely recommend it though. I find it gives me a summer glow where a sun lotion doesn't. It is also suitable for sensitive skin as well.  
The product claims to 'help wick away perspiration and absorb excess oil' which I completely agree with. Also, even on holiday last year I didn't have to re apply it throughout the day and my skin was still protected - even when I was in hot temperature. I would reapply it though, if you're sensitive towards the sun. I know, we are not getting much sun at the moment in the UK but I am definitely going to grab this out when the weather gets nicer. 


6 comments:

  1. Wow, everything about this screams 'summer make up'. I love anything with an SPF in it. Sounds like this has great staying-power and doesn't leave you looking sweaty during the hot summer days/nights. x

    Lilie. Mint Candy Lilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Just without the full coverage xx

      Delete
  2. Hello. Greetings from Singapore. Lovely blog and great review. Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Google+? Let me know with a comment on my blog. I hope to keep in touch.

    Shikin Kikin | shikinkikin.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect! I like that it's light, oil free and promises to absorb excess oil. I have very fair skin so a high SPF is a must for me in the summer - I think I'd wear this in the city in Scotland during the summer but I'd need something with a higher SPF for my holiday (I am VERY fair!). I'll need to check out if they do a higher SPF version!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would agree. If your skin is prone to the sun you will definitely did something with more SPF! I'm lucky its enough for me x

      Delete

Thankyou for all your comments! Click the "Notify me" button to be informed of any follow-up comments.