27.2.14

MAYBELLINE FIT ME PRESSED POWDER

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a few days. I have been trying to sort out the layout of my blog as I wasn't 100% happy with it. So sorry if it has looked a bit all over the place the last couple of days but I have now completely changed the layout and I hope you appreciate & like the change. Anyway, the main part of this post is reviewing the Maybelline Fit me! Pressed powder in 220 Natural Beige. I've been trying to find an alternative powder to the MAC mineralise skinfinish Natural (post HERE) since I've completely used it all up again!
It's is definitely my favourite pressed powder but I can't afford to replace it right now. Damn my student budget. So when I was in Boots I picked up this product. I have always heard good things about the 'Fit me' brand so I decided to see what it was like. Although, I couldn't see it in the store, this product comes in a large range of shades which is always a plus as you can always find your shade. Like I said, I bought 220 Natural beige and it is perfect for skin. It costs £5.99 which is a fraction of MAC price & it comes with a free application pad although I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply it. I really like the packaging with the shiny black square casing.
I have been using this product everyday for a the last couple of weeks and I really like it. It claims to give natural looking flawless coverage whilst mattifying the skin and setting base makeup. I would completely agree with this. I have noticed that my makeup has lasted through the day and it doesn't move across my face. My skin can sometimes look quite shiny and oily and this powder really does mattify my skin. It is perfect to have in your bag for touch ups when you need. It also comes with a helpful mirror underneath. I would say that it is definitely a cheaper alternative and I really like it. I would 100% recommend it. This makes me want to try more products in the range such as the foundation. Have you tried any other products from this range? 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review!
    I've been after a new pressed powder for weeks but they all look alike its hard to really choose!

    This one sounds great though!!

    Stevie :)
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, yeah I had the same problem! x

      Delete
  2. I've been debating whether or not to try out this powder for a while now but after reading your review I think i'll go for it!
    Lovely blog by the way - looking forward to your future posts!

    From Jess xx - a new follower!
    http://jessicalouiseamber.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, hope you like it!

      Thankyou x

      Delete
  3. This powder is a little too pink for my skin tone, but the fit me stick shades are perfection! Btw, I tagged you in the Face Five Challenge here http://www.beautysblessings.com/2014/02/face-five-challenge.html Are you up to the challenge?

    xoxo Cay from www.beautysblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I want to try those too! Thankyou, ill check it out now x

      Delete
  4. I have a hate and love relationship with Maybelline's Fit Me line.
    The foundation for me was absolutely horrible but the blush definitely made it on my love it list!
    I haven't tried the press powder because I'm too scared it'll break me out like the foundation!
    Thanks for your review I'm actually considering it!

    Oh and you just received one new follower =)
    hopefully we can be blogger friends<3
    Keep it up Jess!
    Check out my blog too =)
    http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you for saying about the foundation I was unsure whether to try it or not. Thankyou, I'll check out your blog now x

      Delete
  5. I like their mousse blushes and lipsticks, but I use Benefit for foundation etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried a mousse blush! x

      Delete
  6. I actually havent tried fit me but think I might just have to after this post! At 5.99 its such a good price and I love how it mattefies your skin becasue my nose can literally be rudolph because of how shiny it gets ahah! Loovely post and your layout is stunning how did you get it like this Ive been having such troubles with mine I would take any advice i could get aha lovely blog doll folled!xo

    Check out my a day in the life post here xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know that feeling haha. Thankyou! I just sort of taught myself how to change the html. Use google, it's been my best friend! It's actually all quite simple once you know how. Thankyou for your comment x

      Delete

Thankyou for all your comments! Click the "Notify me" button to be informed of any follow-up comments.